Job Title: Chief Commercial Officer
Department/Office: Sales & Marketing
Supervisor/Manager Title: Managing Director
Location: Dar Es Salaam
The commercial manager will oversee the development and execution of an innovative, growth-focused commercial strategy for both existing and new market segments in line with the company’s strategic plan. The selected applicant will be responsible for the delivery of sales revenue, volume targets, and control costs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of the commercial strategy and budget ensuring alignment with the overall business plan.
- Develop business plans/recommendations (including all associated risks, costs, and forecasted revenue), to ensure that all business development opportunities are optimized.
- Drive strategic planning and innovation across the various business models and infuse the use of technology and development of tools for business efficiency and performance in the sales and marketing business. (CRM system, NPS score)
- Monitor and ensure achievement of Processed Chicken (PC) & Day-Old Chicks (DOC) volume & Revenue targets.
- Manage and coordinate the sales and marketing activities across the business’ key market segments to ensure that the company meets budgets.
- Contribute to the development of new products and provide leadership in sales and product portfolio extension or reduction to meet profitability targets or market demand.
- Formulate and implement the marketing, branding and customer service strategy that will promote the company’s brand.
- Ensure a deep understanding of the customer, products and market by gathering market intelligence for demand forecasting and alignment with the production team.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide advice and support to the MD on all commercial matters across the value chain as may be required.
- Ensure compliance with legal statutory requirements governing the workplace and employee relationship.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or a business-related degree.
- Professional qualifications in sales or marketing
- A Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related fields is an added advantage
- 10 years of proven experience with at least 4 years’ extensive experience at a senior management level preferably within the FMCG sector.
- Experience in Sales and marketing & working with multicultural and diverse teams.
- Proven ability and experience managing and leading high-performance sales management teams.
- Experience in data analytics and spreadsheets.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Possess proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Demonstrable commercial awareness.
- Strategic planning
- Strong sales and marketing skills
- Strong budget management and monitoring skills
- Excellent communication skills
- People management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Interchick values diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Send your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st May 2023